Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's day--- Part 1

We headed south to Las Vegas for Valentine's Day on Thursday, the 11th... we like to be prompt with our holidays.... apparently....




Zach's been working at the Parade of Homes and getting home super late, so we figured we'd get all gussied up and head to Vegas for dinner before the parade madness started. We went to this cute little "outside" cafe at the Venetian.





And no trip to Venice is complete without one of these:



I'm not sure how this little guy managed to fly through all the smoky casinos but he made it to the square. If any of you have been to Saint Mark's square in Venice you'd know the correlation between pigeons and the square.... they are EVERYWHERE.


Yummy.... Chicken Cannelloni... a killer to my WW points, so I split it with Zach and shared his delish cheese plate... nothing makes this boy tick like a good plate of cheese.

After dinner we strolled over to the forum shops and experienced the sadded 5 minutes of our lives.....

The famous FAO Schwartz store was completely closed. Didn't we just visit there a month ago? No more big piano, no more crazy dolls... completely closed. So we needed some cheering up.
We went to the Gelato kiosk and got a 1/2 of yummy ice cream. I was thinking in my head.. OK this should be about $8 because after all, we're in vegas... The "nice" worker boys kept adding "free" add-ons because they were closing and needed to get rid of things. PERFECT! So we got our ice cream and went to the other side of the kiosk where I noticed the prices.
Please see the next photo:






$18.37. Yup that's right. That little tiny cup of ice cream cost more than the M.A.C. eye shadow I had been planning on getting... more than 1 ride in the gondola at the Venetian....
Oh boy.. Oh well. It was fun laughing about how expensive each bite was.

3 comments:

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

How fun you guys! You look so good.

Ben and Jen Clark said...

You can put a price on food :) It looks like so much fun in the warmness of Vegas...I hate you guys.

Jaci said...

holy expensive yum! that is too funny! Thanks for sharing your yummy chicken recipe! I'm totally going to try it out!