Sunday, January 24, 2010

We did it!

Well. We did it. It didn't rain, it was a great day for a nice run. I can't describe the starting line and all the people running--- just crazy and so fun! I'm so excited for my next run!

ANYONE can run. If I can do it, you can do it! It's all about will power.

We did OK- I know Zach could have finished in 2 hours, but he was sweet enough to stay with me. I think if we would have gone on the route before the race it would have helped... so NEXT time.... I'll know to do it! We crossed the line at 2:38, not the best time in the world, BUT I'm just glad we finished! It was so fun to train and finish this race with Zach. Thanks honey!

Oh, and no one warned me that standing up and sitting down today would be so hard! We're pretty sore! But it was way worth it!

Thanks to Melissa and Tennille for being such great friends and bringing the best cheerleaders ever!!

7 comments:

Jentri said...

Congrats! I'm glad you lived to blog about it!

Lindsay Jane said...

Congrats! What a great and awesome accomplishment! Now go enjoy a doughnut. You've earned it.

Unknown said...

Congrats you two!!! I'm still thinking about maybe doing one, but the key word is "thinking" about it. We'll see. But thats awesome you've done one. Now you're ready for the full one this fall.

Ben and Jen Clark said...

Yay for non runners becoming runners!! And what do you mean no one warned you about walking the next day? Weren't Grandpa Ben and Grandma Jen enough? :) We are SO proud of you guys!!

amelia and crew said...

Nice job! I'm so proud of you both. Can't wait to see you again.

Maybury said...

I am trying to gear myself up for a 10K. I have done a couple of 5Ks. Pretty fun. It is true about the legs. I have to pretty much stretch the whole day to keep my legs from getting all cramped.

Unknown said...

nice work you two! i knew you could do it. hope all is well.