Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend

We had a great weekend with lots of family, yummy food and near death experiences :)

It all started on Thursday morning. We went boating at Willard Bay. Mom, Garff, and Tyler all went to Smith and Edwards, while the “kids” unloaded the boat.  Brandon started driving and felt like something was wrong with the boat. As soon as Zach took the wheel, this happened:

OK, well not really but so close! I really thought we were going over. The boat was completely on it’s left side! My feet were above my head and my brother Max said his hair was in the water. It only lasted like 2 seconds, but in my head I was preparing how I was going to rescue my 2 little life-jacketless brothers who were sitting on the back of the boat.  Here’s what really happened: While Zach was trying to figure out what was wrong with the boat ( driving really slowly) A bolt broke loose on the troller(?) and the plastic fin and got sucked into the propeller, causing the steering wheel to turn  really quickly, throwing Zach off the wheel, he finally got control of the wheel and turned off the boat…. disaster averted! But, then the boat wouldn’t work! So we had to get a tow!! It was SO funny…….. well after the moment when we thought we were going to die :)

P1000925 P1000926

Trying to get a boat to tow you on a busy holiday on the lake is not as easy as you would think. So the brothers got out the oars and started paddling…. so boats would see how desperate we were…

and it worked!

P1000929

So, we took the boat in. Zach and the boys fixed it… and the fun began!

P1000933P1000942   But it came at a price:   P1000946 copy   Sun burnt shoulders! For some reason, I thought, “I’m from St. George, I don’t need Sunscreen”……..  smart! Zach got fried too!

 

Then on Saturday we went to Logan! We went to the pool, Zach and I stayed in the shade! I didn’t even get in my suit! But Zach wanted to play with his brother on the diving boards! Later we went to the Cruise In. How in the world did I live in Logan for 3 years and not attend this? It was pretty cool.

cruise in copy

The next day was Micah’s baby blessing! He’s so CUTE! Micah belongs to Zach’s little sister Julia! Congrats Jules :)

P1000999 P1000998

HOUSE UPDATE:

P1000915

Entry:P1000916

My Closet :)P1000919

Living room: P1000917

We’re hoping to be in by Aug 6th!! YAY!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for you guys to finish your house! It looks like it will be sooo cute. Glad you guys didn't die while you were boating :)

Ben and Jen Clark said...

How scary! I'm not a great swimmer, so that would have really freaked me out, but it looks like it all worked out! And your house is looking amazing! Love the closet...oh and have I told you that I approve of your super cute bangs? Well if I haven't, I do :)

The Walkers said...

Wow! Sounds like you had an adventure! That sunburn looks like it hurts bad! Your house looks like it is coming along great!

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

I love your house! It was so fun to see you. Come see us soon.

Calipalooza said...

Wow. Always fun boat experiences with you guys. Glad no one broke their face this time. :) Your house looks fantastic. I bet you're so excited!