Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines Weekend of Fun


This week Rusty went to Doggie Daycare for an "evaluation". It's hard to go on trips when you have a puppy like Rusty, so we had to find a GOOD place to watch him. We found this place called "Red Rock Pet Resort" that is just AWSOME. (click to check it out)

Rusty was in heaven playing with the dogs there, and he PASSED the evaluation. whew, we were worried. Hey when you don't have kids, this kind of stuff is all you have ;) Rusty also got a haircut they gave him a cute valentines bandana.

Of course I had to put his first report card on my fridge! I do have to defend Rusty. The trainer that wrote this was there for only 2 minutes after we dropped Rusty off. Of course he's going to be anxious around a bunch of new dogs! doi!



Zach and I celebrated Valendines day on the 12th. We had family and friends down during the weekend and were going to be way busy. Zach prepared a beautiful candellite dinner and made stuffed salmon. SOOO YUMMY. He even got non-alcholic wine to go with it. It was so fun! Thanks Honey!


And of course, he spoiled me with 24 long stemmed roses.

Then Valentines day came.....

We had my uncles family over for Pink Waffles. It was so much fun to have so many people in our house this weekend! We had my aunt and uncle, and their 2 kids, and Jody and Dawsey. It really was a blast!





For our actual "Valentines Day Dinner" Jody had his heart set on going to Pier 49 to get his traditional heart-shaped pizzas. We even had flower petals on our table ( great thinking zach!) It was all fun and games until the manager said they ran out of heart shaped crust. We said,"can't you just cut it? we don't care if it looks weird." but she said there was no way they could make it, asked if we still wanted the pizza, and offered a whole whopping 15% discount. 2 minutes later we got our pizza.We were all pretty sure they just forgot to make our pizza in a heart shape, because they were totally cooking while she was still explaining the issue.



But the pizza was still AMAZING and we met Taylor Vaifanua, from American Idol. (VOTE FOR HER MARCH 3rd, she's in the 3rd group of the top 36)



Hope you all had a fabulous LOVE day as well!

7 comments:

Ben and Jen Clark said...

How cute is your hubby?! What a well-planned weedend filled with love, flowers, and some yummy food!

Sharli said...

We need to get our cute little puppys together to play!!

Jaci said...

so sweet! glad Z spoiled you. you totally deserve it!
sweet hook-up for rusty! do you think they'd take ike for the weekend? j/k!

amelia and crew said...

I know I should be gushing over your Valentines day, but I CAN'T believe you met Taylor! That's so cool! I love her voice and hope she goes far.

Tami said...

So lame that they didn't get you a heart shaped pizza! Oh well... Looks like you guys had fun!

Benilynn said...

Amber,

Wow that tripped me out to see another Ben and Jen. I bet there fun, just cus there names rhyme. :) Looks like you had a really fun weekend. I love the Lucky song that was playing on your blog, guess I haven't ever heard it before. Ben and I are Jealous of your cruise- our only advise bring sunburn stuff with you on the cruise ship. We got FRIED like had to get priesthood blessing fried on our cruise and they ran out of aloe vera on the cruise ship. We bought a tiny bottle in Cozumel for 16 smakers a pop!!!! Have fun!!! Miss you guys!

Ryan and Nicole said...

We take our girls to Doggie Daycare too. It totally rocks! :) and then when we go out of town they take the girls and its like a slumber party where they can stay up swapping sweet stories 'til the wee hours of the morning LOL!