Thursday, August 19, 2010

Root Beer-y goodness

These little beauties have caused many extra calories in my life lately, and since today is National Root Beer Day, I thought I would share!

  • 1 White Cake Mix
  • 1 Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix - 4 serving size
  • 4 large egg whites
  • I added 1-2 tsp. root beer extract (could be any flavor or amt depending on what you want it to taste like, my frosting was heavy on the rootbeer, so I went with less extract in the cakes)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil
Mix on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes.

Be sure to fill your cupcake tins no more than 2/3rds full. Bake at 350 for 18-22 mins. I checked mine at 20 and they were done. It does sink a bit after it comes out of the oven, but it has a great texture and is nice and moist !

Frosting:
I just used a butter cream frosting recipe with root beer extract rather than vanilla.

You'll need a glass of milk with these! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Deidra said...

I say vanilla ice cream and call it a float!

Wray Family said...

How funny, I have been trying to find a rootbeer cake recipe for Luke's 1st birthday!! Thanks :)

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Hey, I just took some post-surgery-percocet and now I can't sleep. Don't be weirded out that I'm poking around your blog at 3:00 am, okay? These look so good! We need you to visit and make these for us while you're here! Love you guys!
Amber