Zach and I were able to go to Canada last weekend and call it “work”. It was a crazy-fast fun weekend and I’m so glad he was able to go with me! This is a LOOOONG post. Viewer beware!
Background:
Last year I planned a grand opening event for a new building at the hospital. It was so much fun! I got to hang out with “celebrities” and plan a day-long party :) I needed to apply for an award to make my year-end goals. So the only award that was taking applications at the time was an award with the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) which is called the GOLD QUILL AWARDS ( click for more info) Last year’s winners included Pepsi and Beyonce, so in my head there was NO way I was going to win for this little event I planned. So it was a REAL shocker when I opened an email saying I had won, and that I was invited to the Awards Gala in Toronto. Luckily my boss Terri is super awesome and paid for me to go!
TORONTO:
So we landed late Saturday night and headed to our Hotel. Toronto is SOOOO busy. Every street was packed! We ended our travel day with Breakfast for Dinner!
We spent the next 2 days seeing everything we could!
Sunday included:
- Niagara Falls
- Crazy Carnival Street at Niagara Falls
- Wayne Gretzky’s Vineyard
- The Toronto Drum Festival
- Casa Loma Castle
potential to be a sweet photo--- stupid hair!
We toured Greek Town, China Town, Old Town, and any other town imaginable. Lots of awesome stuff to see! So little time to see it! We finished off the night getting apples at a street side market and later on splitting a dinner at Hard Rock Cafe.
Monday:
Monday was the walking day- we didn't want to pay money to get our car out of parking to so we walked and walked and walked. We headed for the CN tower.
CN Tower and the Rogers Center
More photos from the CN tower:
The scariest part of the CN tower was the glass floor!
Then after the tower we finally found a Poutinerie!
Poutine: Fries ( good) gravy ( good) and cheese curd ( good) We actually liked this!
Then walking through the shopping district I started to feel at home : Welcome to GRANGE village!
Oh and does anyone else see WHY I was in heaven at this corner? H&M and FOREVER 21!
Zach stood no chance of a day without shopping :)
Then after walking the town we had to get ready for the Gold Quill Awards Gala.
Here is a video of us at the gala--- just in case you need more info than this already loaded post failed to mention ;)
The next day was the day we left :( but before we went to the airport we went to : Tim Horton’s.(Every corner was lined with Starbucks, Second cup and Tim Horton’s—all Coffee shops) We had fun going to Tim’s at night for doughnuts and hot chocolate and then Breakfast on our last day. After breakfast we went to “The Beach”
As we were walking down the street Zach was bobbing to the thumpin music in some dude’s car. This guy yells “HEY! You! Come here!” He’s this huge thug guy riding in a murdered out 300M with 22inch rims. I was SCARED for our lives as Zach ran to his car (HELLLO! DON’T DO IT!!) The guy motioned for Zach to lean into his car and handed him a….
CD!! He said, “I noticed that you were bobbing your head to that song, I made that music. I just dropped my CD today, this is going to be huge.” and handed Zach the “3rd CD to be given out” Crisis averted. WOW. I was nervous.
We had such a fun time! Hope you enjoyed this post on ‘roids. :)
12 comments:
Amber! Congratulations on receiving such an incredible honor! You are amazing. I am proud to be your auntie! What a fantastic trip and experience! Thank you for sharing it all (Thanks, Zach for the camera work!) You guys are so dang cute.
Love, Auntie Chelle
Wow, that's a huge honor! I believe you would be the one to get it. You're awesome! Looks like the two of you had a fun time.
Oh ya, and I TOTALLY love the pic with you guys against the graffiti wall. I don't think your hair ruins it. It adds to it in my opinion.
Love all the pics!
Hip hip! Way to go, Amber!
Were you as underwhelmed by Niagara as I've been both times we've gone? Toronto looks like a lot of fun. If we'd moved to Buffalo, I would have come visit you while you were there (even though a visit would have been fun, thank goodness we didn't move to Buffalo!)
What a great post! What a great trip! I'm glad it was a long post so we could see most everything you experienced. We're all so proud of you and this wonderful accomplishment.
Congrats on your award and fun filled trip
How fun! Ben is in Canada for the 3rd time this summer and he hates it. Glad to know the country isn't all as bad as he thinks it is. And congratulations on your award, that's so exciting!
Congratulations Amber! That is awesome. What a cool place. And I love the H&M and Forever 21 on the same corner.
I used to ride the BART to San Francisco when I lived in Oakland and there was a HUGE Forever 21 and 3 different H&Ms all within walking distance! I miss it!
I am so glad you posted this info about you award! Way to go girl!!!! that is incredible to say the least! So fun that you got a great vacation out of it as well! You guys are so cute! I love the "stupid hair" photo. That wall is so fun!
Once again, CONGRATS!!!
Hmmmmm.... Looks like Canada should be added to our very long vacation list.
congrats amber! that's so awesome!
so did you know that you were visiting my home??? i'm so glad you had so much fun! i love all the pics!
Hey, miss you guys! Way to go on all of the award-ness. Love you.
WHAT a fun trip!!
Post a Comment