Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A weekend with the Spencers!

Driving home today for lunch I realized that I really love living down here for so many reasons. Mostly because it's warm, and there is always something to do. St. george is still growing like crazy. New businesses are always popping up. But this one is my new favorite! I was driving, saw this, started laughing, and had to take a picture.


I think this place is so cute! How clever can you get?




This picture was taken last weekend after our Friday Night date. We to this cute little cafe called 25 and Main. Let me tell you it is adorable. The food is delightful, the inside is so cute, they make killer drinks, and to top it off they have a cupcake bar with the best cupcakes around!!


This picture is from our Saturday date. We visited this old candy/soda shop called Judds for lunch. They have all kinds of glass-bottled soda, old time candy and a malt shop. So cute. It's located in the heart of the St. George Historic District-do I sound like a commercial or what?
Then we went and hiked the "Dixie" rock, I guess you have to do that if you live here. The view was A-mazing! And after, we finished our date hitting up the Smith's case lot sale... talk about an adventure.

Then Monday came.

Zach and I both spent the morning in the hospital- not together. I went to InstaCare, and Zach went to an Orthopedic Surgeon. I just didn't feel good, but Here's Zach's story....

I love it when I get to say I told you so, but not when It ends up with a cast.....
About a month ago Zach was playing Softball and dis-located his wrist sliding into First (who slides into first anyway?) Zach, being Mr. Tough, just forced it back in place and kept playing. He kept saying it hurt for days after, to which I kept saying "Call the Doctor!" Nah, docs are for sissies. Days went by, wrist still hurting. Zach continued playing softball, and throwing kids in the air at the family reunion. Then last Thursday at his game he did the same slide and hurt it again. After he couldn't sleep through the night, he finally called the doctor. Dr. Jevsevar discovered 2 breaks from the softball injury(last month) AND an additional break from about 5 years ago that never got fixed... to which Zach has no recollection of ever happening. Dr. J advised the cast be on 3 weeks, but today I came home to find Zach has already cut out the thumb piece cuz it was bugging him, so I'm sure the cast won't live out its life expectancy.

2 comments:

Maybury said...

Hey is the cast still on Zach?

Hollie said...

looks like you kids are having a blast down there:) thats awe-some!!
That ice cream shop "spoon me" isnt it such a clever name...they have one down in salt lake!! its always so busy!!
glad to see them venture out to st. george..cant leave you guys out too!!
hope all is well!!