I spent the weekend baking… literally :) BUT it was so fun and I learned a lot. The cupcakes were SO good. ( I take no credit) I managed to find an AWESOME recipe…. these babies turned out so good. And they were easy… Zach doesn’t like it when I say that :) But they were. These are for my beautiful friend Melissa’s baby boy blessing luncheon.
I used a basic buttercream frosting recipe with coconut extract rather than vanilla. The recipe for the cake is:
1 Duncan Hines Deluxe White Cake Mix
1 Jello Instant Pudding Mix - 4 serving size
4 large egg whites
I added 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract ( I used coconut instead)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
Mix on low for 30 seconds, then on medium for 2 minutes. Then bake as per the box directions.
It does sink a bit after it comes out of the oven, but it has a great texture and is nice and moist and stable.
I’ve used this for Rootbeer cupcakes too. ( Using rootbeer extract) It rocks!!
CUPCAKE BITES
Oh heavens, these thing are delicious! WARNING I started baking at 5:00 and ended at 9 :) but they are WORTH it! The recipe makes like 60 of these babies, so make sure you have somewhere to take them :)
http://www.bakerella.com/cupcake-bites-made-easy/
We made them with chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, vanilla candy melts and chocolate candy melts. Don’t let the instructions scare you… they are SO easy! I can’t wait to make them for holidays!
OK.. I think I’ve had enough sugar this weekend to last me FOREVER ( of course, I had to “taste-test” everything :) )
2 comments:
YOU ARE THE BEST... Wait the CUPCAKES were the best... no no... the CAKEBITES WERE... Heck you are all the BEST!! :) THANKS FOR EVERYTHING... Not only did you BAKE ALL WEEKEND you were my personal assistant! You can't buy friends like this!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! YUM YUM YUM!!!
Is that cupcake recipe similar to the root beer cupcakes? I freaking loved those cupcakes when I made them. JJ and I aren't even a huge fan of cupcakes, but I had to make them since they had rootbeer flavoring in them and they were so good, I started eating them without icing!!!! I will for sure have to try these.
Post a Comment